HOLIDAY ADVICE FROM A NINE-YEAR-OLD!
1. Adults get cranky when they get too busy.
2. Ask for help. People like to help.
3. Don't get uptight. Try to stay calm as much as you can.
4. If you get cold, just bundle up. Then you'll like the snow.
5. Be grateful.
6. If there's too much cooking to do, get rid of the olives and the salad. But not the turkey.
7. Think about God.
8. Help people.
9. Give people presents from their favorite store and get a gift receipt. It's so exciting to see if people like the presents you bought for them! So in case they don't like your gift, they can just return it and find something they DO like.
10. If you're really too busy, don't get a tree. That will make a huge difference.
So to sum up:
Be grateful. Ask for help. Stay calm. Help others. And most importantly, get rid of the olives and salad.
I couldn't have said it better myself!
In the midst of your holiday preparations, I hope you pause, take a few deep breaths of thanksgiving and gratitude, and bundle up if you get cold.